(1). I would like to know how you got so many things figured out early in life, Such as having a Personal Mission Statement?
(2). How did you bridge the gap between HND and MSC without PGD or Pre-requisites?
I get these questions,and more always from my mentees. And my first response is always this: Being a child from a below-average family with both parents as teachers and me not being book smart, in addition to the fact that I lacked street sense; considered that a triple tragedy for me as a person whilst growing up.
Upon arriving in Lagos at age 16 I figured out that, by being book and street smart I will break the boundaries of poverty. Then the journey began. I had to set standards for myself as I went. Success has always been my lot. Here are the few of them;
- keep fewer distractions with the opposite sex, drunks and bad company,
- Selected smart-like friends with like-minds with me,
- Keep relationships with older folks whom I learn from. Serve them, in return to get their blessing s & favors.
- Read a lot of books to better equip my knowledge bank.
- Set realistic short and long term goals void of prejudice, bias tendencies, selfishness and negativity
- Map out plans and strategies on how to realize my goals,
- Refine and restrategize every 90-120 days if strategies are not working or producing results,
- Spend time surfing the net for opportunities,
- Above all, my personal prayer life is never non-negotiable.
The above are my responses to those two questions.
Feel free to reach out to me for clarity.